Help our community of early music enthusiasts enjoy live indoor performances safely!
Along with others in the performing arts community, Santa Cruz Baroque Festival has been carefully monitoring the latest health and safety information coming from the state and the CDC regarding in-person events. In anticipation of our upcoming season, we have put several protocols in place to protect our staff, performers, and audiences. Please refer to below to learn what we’re currently doing to keep you safe, and be sure to check back often, as we will be updating and adjusting as we receive new information. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these developments together.
We deeply appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate these changes, and look forward to welcoming you back for our 49th season of early music!
Santa Cruz Baroque Festival’s Current
- All of our staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- We will require that our patrons remain masked while indoors.
- We will require proof of vaccination (either a card, clear photo, or digital vaccine record) from anyone (aged 12 and up) attending one of our events. No need to send it to us beforehand: just bring it with you and show it at the door along with your ticket for admittance.
- Unfortunately we must insist that if you arrive with no masks and no proof of vaccination, you will be refused entry and not be issued a refund.
- When selecting your seats for purchase, please attempt to choose seats distanced from other patrons. To promote social distancing at the concert, we reserve the right to change your seats when you arrive to ones as close as possible to your initial order.
- Please visit individual venues’ websites for information regarding any site-specific questions you may have (i.e., a venue’s policy regarding ventilation).
Please be proactive about protecting your and others’ health! If you are unable to use your ticket because:
- you or someone in your party has tested positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of your selected performance;
- you or someone in your party and has exhibited symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of your selected performance;
- you believe that you represent a significant transmission risk (e.g. you are caring for someone that has COVID-19 or is not feeling well),
please email email@example.com or call 831-479-9693 to arrange for an exchange or refund for your purchase.
Before you arrive, please ask yourself the following questions (adapted from the City and County of San Francisco health guidelines):
- Do you currently have, or have had in the past 24 hours, any one of the following symptoms which is new or not explained by another reason: fever at or above 100.4°F (38°C), chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, unusual weakness or fatigue, loss of smell or taste, muscle aches, headache, runny nose different from your allergies, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you had a Covid-19 “close contact” that would require you to quarantine? To help you answer this question:
- A “close contact” is a person confirmed to have Covid-19, including persons in your home, intimate partners, or people who you take care of or who take care of you.
- It also includes people who were within six feet of you for more than 15 minutes total in a 24-hour period, whether or not they were wearing a face covering, or with whom you had contact with their body fluids or secretions.
- If it is at least 14 days after you have received your final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, you do not need to quarantine after a “close contact” unless you work in a congregate or jail setting.
- Within the past ten days, have you been diagnosed or tested positive for Covid-19?
By entering our venues, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions. Thank you for doing your part to keep us all safe!